I know what you all are thinking. That's what you get for taking your sweet time Chuck Norris.
In all seriousness though, I am supremely grateful for our troops and the sacrifices they make.
In other news: I am fat. On purpose. Look at that belly!
What's going on is that we have a biggest loser competition at work as a friendly way to encourage people to live healthier. By medical definition I am not considered overweight, but I would like to be healthier and I figure I will be more motivated to eat right and exercise if there is money involved.
I paid the $30 and bought in, so did 18 other people. This means that whoever loses the highest percentage of their weight from March to April gets $90. Same thing goes from April to May and May to June. Then in July, whoever has lost the greatest overall percentage since April GETS PAID 180 BONES and whoever comes in 2nd gets $90.
Again I do not consider myself overweight but I do know that I can pack on 10 pounds with one Thanksgiving dinner and lose half of it by the time I wake up the next morning. Since I weigh less than 200 lbs, a 10 pound weight loss is a lot bigger percentage of my weight than for the guys who weigh over 300.
So I ate a huge lunch at YC's Mongolian Grill the day of the first weigh in. You know, one of those places where you pay for your bowl and then they let you pile in the food until it touches the ceiling and then they cook it in front of you.
I've been there a couple of times, and I usually get a to go box and eat heat up the leftovers for my next three meals. Not this time. I pounded the whole thing and then drank a million glasses of water. Not to mention that the night before I had eaten a big Arizona burrito at Filiberto's around midnight, only after I had consumed 2/3 of a jar of pickles (something about sodium helping you retain water blah blah blah). I also had a decent breakfast that morning.
The bulking up worked as I weighed in 168. Not bad for a guy who is barely 5ft 9 and couldn't ever get up over 155lbs in high school regardless of how much I benched and how many cheeseburgers I threw down.
By the next morning I was 163, giving me a five pound loss in one day. We had an unofficial weigh in at the midway point and I was 161 (I didn't eat breakfast that morning, but I also hadn't really exercised at all in the two weeks since the first weigh in). I was ranked 3rd place in the office with about a 4.5% weight loss.
Then I went to San Francisco, otherwise known as the land of 10 million delicious bakeries. Then I went to Thatcher, and Idaho, then Mexico, and everywhere I went people cooked up delicious food for me.
The day of the first official weigh in I realized I didn't have a chance any more. So I went and ate lunch at the Brazilian Bull, a churrascaria where servers constantly drop by with big swords full of meat and cut it right onto your plate until you tell them to stop. I didn't tell them to stop until I had consumed ludicrous amounts of ham, top sirloin, prime rib, chicken, sausage, etc. and then topped it all off with another 7,000 glasses of water and a delectable mousse de maracuja (passion fruit) dessert.
The result? I weighed in at 171 after lunch (HOLLER!). The next morning I checked myself on the same scale when no one was looking and was down to 165 already, and I even had eaten breakfast that day.
The moral of the story? I've never lost a weight loss competition in a month when Osama Bin Laden has died. Jus sayin
Oh p.s. . . . for those who don't understand the purpose of the dried fruit picture on my last post . . . I put it up there because it is gross

1 comment:
Nice! those 5 pound dukes are what wins championships. Much like defense in the NFL
Post a Comment