Sunday, March 8, 2009

On the Road Again

Utah: I successfully avoided Toby Keith and all yellow hummers looking to destroy me. I nearly destroyed myself swerving at 80 mph to avoid a white rabbit that stupidly hopped out in front of me somewhere around Tremonton.

Southern Utah: I stayed with my Grandpa in St. George. We went to an all you can eat breakfast with a bunch senior citizens, it was awesome. Elderly people have such good stories and are so funny.

California: If you are ever insanely bored, take a trip on the US 95 along the California/Arizona border. You will see a sign that says "Dips" and suddenly the highway turns into a roller coaster. I thought about speeding up to around 100 mph and trying to jump the bumps, but decided I love my car too much to subject it to that.

Arizona: I live down the street from Waffle House, didn't know they had those in states where people were never allowed to own slaves. Holler. We ate at a Brazilian grill to celebrate our super bad apartment and our jobs. I feel justified in eating 300 lbs of meat because I saved a rabbit's life a few days earlier.

I ate at a Taco Bell somewhere in the middle of the desert and it was gross. I don't think I'll ever eat at another Taco Bell outside of Rexburg ever again. I don't know how this whole post ended up being about food. Actually I do, it's because I like to eat. I'm good at it.

5 comments:

Amy said...

My dad always tells me to just hit animals that get in my way or else I'll probably get in a car accident and he would rather have some animal get injured then my car...or me.
My dad has a lot of confidence in my driving.

I've never eaten at a Waffle House, but I too enjoy food.

Leah said...

Waffle house is good in a greasy way. I don't really recommend Taco Bell outside of Rexburg either. What is Taco Bell without Ford anyway?

Vickie said...

i didnt know there were WaHos anywhere else either! haha

Unknown said...

I don't know you...don't know how I found you...but you are funny!

Had to shout out to the Waffle House in AZ...is nothing sacred anymore! WH is amazing...hope it is just as amazing out west.

Unknown said...

I once ate at waffle house in Mississippi (wow that is fun to spell) and they did own slaves. But that is not the part of the story I wanted to share. Before we ate, my god sister said "wipe the rim of the glass with you napkin before drinking," she also said I should wipe off my silver ware. When I did this a brown film came off the glass. I have not ate at a waffle house since. That is a lie, I did one more time after that but it was three in the morning and I was drunk, so nothing really counts then.