Thursday, December 4, 2008

Jim's Shorts


I was thinking today about gym shorts. They are named after the location they are designed for. I guess sometimes they can be called basketball shorts. For people who only shoot hoops and don't use shorts for racquetball, dodge ball, floor hockey, or just running and stuff like that, basketball shorts can be an accurate description.
But let's be honest, I haven't been to the gym for at least 5 or 6 months. Yet I still wear this article of clothing to bed every night. (excluding those occasions when I pass out on someone's couch during a movie) If I were to make a rough estimate, I would say about 95% of my friends (especially those of the male persuasion) wear them to bed AT LEAST twice as much as they wear them to the gym. So shouldn't we start referring to them as bed shorts?

4 comments:

Amy said...

Good thinking, Quinn.
Start a revolution. Start calling them bed shorts.

Myke said...

You bring up a good point. We should have a bed shorts party. The shorter the better.

Harpski said...

.....creepy creepy creepy! BOYS DON'T SAY THAT!....























....creepy creepy creepy.

Andrew said...

oooo....what about "sweat pants"...i haven't sweated..in a pair of sweat pants since middle school wrestling. i sweat in jeans more.