Tuesday, January 10, 2012

It's self-assigned penance for problems with easy solutions

A stupid person once said "Reach for the stars, then if you miss the worst you can get is the moon!" or something along those lines.

Why would anyone want the moon? It's cold and barren and pretends to be a source of light when it doesn't really produce any energy, just like my ex (ok not really, buy you lol'd a little bit there, admit it).

I'll give the moon this, it would be pretty fun to jump around in limited gravity...until you run out of oxygen and die. And why is anyone reaching for stars in the first place? You would have to have really long arms to even come close, and if you did they would burn you, really bad. And what direction are you going if you're reaching for "the stars?" Because they surround us, and they're millions of miles apart from each other, so you can't even reach for two at the same time. They should say "pick a star and reach for it," that would be less confusing and result in less pulled muscles.

Those are the reasons I will not be reaching for any stars this upcoming year. Instead I am reaching for the ceiling, and not a vaulted ceiling. We're talking 9 or 10 feet maximum. So without further ado, here they are, my Two Thousand Twelvolutions:

1- Don't Die. I survived rapture, twice. Am I worried about the end of the Mayan Calendar, nah.
2- Me or one of my roommates must get married. John being engaged should make this one easy.
3- Don't spend too much time on Pinterest. I don't really know what it is, I'm just adopting this one so others can be inspired by me and follow my example.
4- Update my blog at least once. You have to have one you get done early, so you don't lose motivation. Baby steps.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

good resolutions quinn. one of mine is to see QPM in his new habitat. Make sure that he adapting well. (not just telling us what we want to hear.)