This is not a political blog.
But I can't help myself.
I don't care if your parents or grandparents are Republicans or Democrats and whether you want to follow in their footsteps or rebel against them.
Neither political party cares about you. They care about getting money from special interest groups so they can afford to advertise everywhere for their candidates. Then you will recognize their face, hear one of their speeches and think "oh, that's nice," and check the box next to their name so they can stay in office and keep their power.
Meanwhile we keep replacing Democrats with Republicans, and Republicans with Democrats not because we want them to replace a far left agenda with a far right agenda, but because we want them to do what is practical, but they're not getting the message.
Choosing between an Elephant and a Donkey isn't about choosing between good and evil. It's more like choosing between The Empire or Death Eaters (as depicted below).
Here's my solution to our National Debt Crisis. Cut the budget of every government program by 5%. While you're at it, cut the salary of the president in half and of all the senators and representatives by 25%. Families are cutting back, business are cutting back, why can't the government? I'm pretty sure elected officials can afford to feed their families off $100,000 per year.
Set up a plan for every business who received bailout money to pay it back soon. Set up rules so that people can't keep receiving welfare if they keep having children indefinitely. I realize that's a delicate issue but there has to be some type of responsibility involved.
Have our internationally popular president say "I'm sorry world, but we simply can't afford to be the care takers of every country right now, we're bringing our troops home. We won't be able to help you if we collapse anyway." Sure we'll get criticized for it, but our presence abroad isn't winning us tons of fans right now anyway.
I get that it's not that simple, but I don't get paid to find solutions to our national problems. That's what the elected officials are for. Please set aside the ideology and go to work.

3 comments:
That's way too much common sense. You probably couldn't get elected. But I would vote for you.
WORD. Well said, QPM.
But if I had to pick, I'd go with Darth Vader. He at least started off good and he ends up good.
This was the best solution I've heard yet (seriously). If we could just find a way to cut spending in certain areas. Did you know that almost all of our spending goes to towards the military and health care? I think that's ridiculous. Most of the health care spending goes towards the elderly who are going to die soon any way.
Also I can't believe that our Democrat president never got rid of the Bush tax cuts, but instead extended them. Cut spending raise taxes, that would solve lots of problems, but no such compromise will ever exist because all democrats want to do is raise taxes and all republicans want to do is cut spending. Why can't we do both?
You're a smart man, Quinn Merrill.
Quinn Merrill for Commissioner 2011!!!!
Post a Comment