Here's the dealio, I'm in class without about 20 other students and two or three of them just happen to be in their 20's and attractive. I hadn't really paid much attention to them because that's just sorta my vibe. I don't treat pretty girls much different than anyone else until they show me some sort of green light first.
So I was actually a little shocked after class Wednesday night when I looked up and saw that the only other person who hadn't already fled the classroom, was quite possibly the most attractive of all the girls in class. I had been completely unaware of my surroundings as I had briefly reviewed and shuffled through some of the papers that had been handed back to me.
I glanced briefly at the girl and perceived that she was paying no attention to me, but was hurriedly stuffing things away in her backpack. Some guys would see this as a prime opportunity to strike up a conversation, not me. I like girls to make eye contact with me before I approach them.
If she would've looked up and smiled and said something like "geez, my backpack is sooo heavy" then I totally would've gone for it. Even if she just looked up, I could've initiated some talking and hopefully throw out a witty comment about how boring our 4-hour class is.
Since nothing like that happened, I grabbed my stuff and hurried out the door toward the elevator. Some people were loading on said elevator and I had every intention of cramming in there with them when the elderly gentleman right in front of me stopped and proclaimed that he'd take the next one.
So there we were waiting, chit-chatting, and out of the classroom walked the hottie. Soon after, the three of us were riding down the elevator together and home girl was friendly enough to throw in an occasional comment or acknowledgement.
Upon arriving at the bottom floor, the old man took off in a separate direction leaving me and my new girlfriend (j/k the elevator ride wasn't that good) to walk out the main entrance and toward the parking lot on our own.
I asked her a question, I don't remember what it was about or what her reply was, it really doesn't matter. What matters is that after she answered my question, she asked her own question. I answered but as we continued to walk, it became apparent that our cars were parked in different directions.
I was sure that after I answered her question she'd say "ok, c-ya!" and keep walking to her car without breaking stride, but to my surprise, she stopped, turned to face me, and asked me another question! Score! These are the kind of "green lights" I'm talking about. I don't expect beautiful girls to randomly walk up to me and ask me to be their boyfriend.
We continued to talk, about school, work, and other general boring stuff. I probably should've thought of something profound to establish myself right then and there as a psychic powerhouse, but I didn't. I think both of our minds were a little fried from 4 hours of marketing/economics/accounting/human resources type junk.
I wonder how long we would've talked if I would've come up with something good. Maybe until it started getting cold, and I would've got her laughing and she'd touch my arm and say "Oh Quinn, I had no idea you were so clever!" Then I'd say "hey, I know this is out of nowhere, but I'm going to Six Flags this weekend, wanna come?"
Ok, ok, so that's definitely a little too much too soon, I know, I know. None of that happened. Instead, after chatting for a few minutes, I recognized a good, natural ending point to the conversation and said something along the lines of "cool, well, good luck with that," (with what? I don't really remember what she was talking about) followed by a "see ya next week."
And with that we had gone our own ways. What happens from here? I don't know. Will we talk again next week? Maybe. I don't see anything more happening, but that doesn't mean I won't be looking for another green light, just in case.
That's beside the point. The point is that for the first time, I rode home from class feeling really good about myself. As I got into my car and turned up the Okkervil River tunes that were flowing through my speakers, I couldn't help but look at my reflection in the rearview mirror and think, "Still got it." booya.
7 comments:
lol Was this the night I talked to you on the phone and you didn't even tell me about all of this?? Hopefully 'hot chick' doesn't mysteriously find your blog or that would be the end of that!
Of course you've still got it! you're quinn patrick fitzgeral merrill.
I hope she's mormon cuz if not all she wants is to score with u.
even if she is, all she wants is to score with you.
Quinn don't be such a pudge! Green light really? There's no such thing, just red lights. You are Quinn 'Effin Merrill man. It would be her privilege to go anywhere or be everywhere you are. Don't let the man get you down...It's Rex Manning Day!
This is Tyson by the way.
i read the title and was very excited to hear your review on the Rob Schnieder movie of the same name, but after i got over that disappoinment i was glad to hear that you still have it. I had that same feeling this weekend in vegas, but it turns out they were just strippers trying to sell me something, but hey still a confidence booster.
aaa hahaha "still got it". Where would 'it' have gone my man?! Like Zach said- of course you've still got it.
That's funny. Did she green light you again in any way?
So pretty sure I am just getting around to reading this story ... and I am with everyone ... you have always had it! What ever became of this anyway?
Post a Comment