Sunday, March 7, 2010

I Live, I Laugh

Conversation that took place at my apartment tonight:

Guy #1: something something something, blah blah blah, JERICHO, something something something
(I'm not implying that guy #1 is boring, I just don't remember how the word "Jericho" came up)

Girl #1
: Did you guys know that Jericho is the oldest city in the world?

Guy #1
, Guy #2, and Girls #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6: No, who knows that kinda stuff?
(ok, so I may or may not have made up girls 2-6 to make it seem like we're cooler than we actually are and have tons of ladies over all the time)

Guy #2: Isn't that in Kansas?

Me
: It could be, that's where THE FIRST CHURCH OF GOD is! (laughing to myself because I actually saw a church with this title while driving through Kansas)

Everyone else: (Looking around to see if anyone else gets it because none of them were on that trip with me)

Girl #1
: No, I think it' s in the Middle East somewhere. I don't think there are that old of cities on the American continent . . . besides like, ancient Mayan cities maybe

Guy #1
: Oh yeah, like the pyramids

Girl #1
: I don't think they call them pyramids

Guy #2: Yeah, I think they're just called ruins

Me
: I don't the Mayans called them ruins while they were buiding them . . .
Everyone: (Laughs)

Me
: (acting it out and pretending to talk to someone) "hand me that crumbled brick" (pretending to place imaginary crumbled brick in imaginary wall) "good, these ruins sure are coming along nicely!"

Everyone: (Laughs some more, appreciating that this joke had nothing to do with a road trip that none of them went on)

. . . ok, so maybe you had to be there . . .

4 comments:

Thome said...

good material man. people just dont appreciate well timed funny staements.
and i was there for that road trip and seeing Gods first church was the highlight for sure!

Thome said...

i didnt write out my whole thought that last time but eh who cares now right.

Vickie said...

you are soooooo funny!!

Ashley Jane said...

No, that's funny. I didn't even have to be there. Though I wish I was. Then the actual girl count would have been up to like, 3.

But seriously. I lol'd. And I almost never lie about an lol!