and he was not as lame as Twitter. Seriously, what do you get when you take Facebook and take away all the pictures, wall posts, birthday reminders and events? TA DA! Twitter! (Ok, you also take away all the groups, causes, bumper stickers, quizzes, and the millions of other applications that i never use, but i don't have to and it doesn't matter because they're there for the people that want them)
Way to be original Twitter. What they did is like taking a movie, and getting rid of the picture, and the words, and the trailers for new movies, and the snacks, and any cuddling with members of the opposite sex. So people just come in and pay 9 bones just to sit still and watch the local still advertisements that grace the screen before previews start. That is what Twitter is to Facebook, still advertisements. Oh, and you happened to sit where someone in the movie before you spilled their soda and it never got cleaned up, so your shoes are sticky for the rest of the night . . . and some stranger sitting uncomfortably close to you in the nearly empty theater ate Mexican food earlier that night and their gastrointestinal system is having a hard time handling it. Thanks for the date Twitter, you will not receive a kiss at my doorstep and I will ignore the rest of your phone calls and text messages for the rest of my life.
I usually don't post youtube videos in my blog, because I feel like this is a space for my thoughts, and not just thoughts that say "this is funny/awesome/looks good" . (I'm not saying it's wrong or that nobody should. I've enjoyed the videos that some of my friends have posted. I'm just saying for me, it doesn't feel right)
Anyway, I'm going to make an exception for this post, I don't know if everyone has already seen this video or not. Maybe it's already become more cliche than every girl under the age of 23 loving the Jonas Brothers, but still, I had to post this. It just made so much sense to me, I know with every fiber of my being (speaking of cliche) that this video is true.
7 comments:
Nice post Quinn. To be fair, some of that stuff they said in that video is also true about Facebook. But that's why I like blogging. Usually -- for me anyway -- you know the person whose blog your are reading/commenting on. And while you may not necessarily be in the habit of communicating face to face with that person, at least you're communicating and creating a two way dialog. Blog posts are much more thought-provoking, but if not, you can at least appreciate the thought that went into a person's blog.
I miss you,
Speaking of cliche, he got kicked out of music outlet for saying whore in one of his songs. What is this world coming to?
and no, I do not like Jonas brothers. Thank you, thank you. Call me later.
I guess I have been ignoring all the twittering about twittering. It sounds a lot like it's strictly "status updates" which I'm not really fond of on facebook(for myself at least).
Also, I'm pretty sure I've even seen people update their statuses about twitter (Susie Q is wondering who is on twitter?!). Cool.
I'm not a huge fan of facebook either. I really wish they would get rid of all the applications and bring back the days when wall posts counted and the only other things that could be posted were events, pictures, and videos.
It's useful to be able to get on there and get the address for a party, get a reminder of someone's birthday, and keep in touch with people normally, but I'm not in love with it. Still, twitter . . .
Quinn, how about an update? I miss my brother and feel like I have no clue what's goin on with you. Well I'll probably just call but still, I like your updates! They make me laugh.
HEY.. so i was reading patrick carrie's blog.. and i saw your comment! and clicked it and well, here i am! send me an email - i'll add you to my blog- melissamorales8@gmail.com
I'm still waiting for the next update... these always make my day.
Post a Comment