I usually update my blog because I am a selfish and conceited person. I haven't added anything for a while because I haven't thought of anything brilliant, entertaining, or witty to post. I know a lot of my posts don't even come close to being entertaining, witty, and certainly not brilliant, but in all reality, the main reason I have a blog is because I want people to think I'm clever.
I know that last paragraph makes me sound like a ginormous tool, but being able to identify my faults and admit to them is a good thing, right? So I've decided to do something incredibly cliche, but sincere, and post a Thanksgiving gratitude list.
I'm grateful (for):
1- My Family: Mom, Dad, sisters and brother, and my other brothers that married into the family, and my nieces and nephew. I lucked out, seriously I don't know how they're so awesome. Sometimes I think I might be nervous about getting married because I'm afraid to bring someone into the family who isn't cool enough. Haha ok so it's probably a little extreme for me to say that! (but it's kinda sorta a little bit true)
2- My job. I don't love it, but I like it ok. It pays my bills and I've made some friends and I get benefits and I almost have my car paid off!!!!!!!!!
3- I almost have my car paid off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111
4- People cook food for me sometimes, even though I don't do nice things for them very often.
5- My church callings in the last year and a half have required me to sit in meetings that I otherwise wouldn't attend. I hate meetings, but in some of those meetings I've felt closer to God. I've been able to see prayers answered and inspiration help people to do better than they would on their own.
6- Sometimes I get stressed out and I snap at people when it's is not even remotely their fault, they just caught me at the wrong time. For some reason that I don't quite understand, these people are still my friends, even though I don't bring much to the table.
7- I've received some priesthood blessings in my life that have given me very distinct promises about things that I had never thought of for myself. I've witnessed the fulfillment of some of these blessings in a very real way that I never imagined possible. I'm grateful for that.
8- I don't read that often, but I've read some really great books in my lifetime. I glad that people write them.
9- Music
10- The Outdoors. Mountains, beaches, forests, sunsets and all that good stuff.
I could go on, but I just got an invite to go eat food. It's almost midnight and I've been eating non-stop since 3 days ago . . . I'm going.
4 comments:
Tender Quinn. I didn't know you had it in you :)
Quinn. Good post. Blog more,
Myke
Quinn-
I'm excited for your updates and think you're totally clever. And I will be updating like crazy this week now that the semester is over. Whoo-hoo!!!
haha I think all your posts are very clever and witty. I loved this one and I love you. I feel the same way about our fam. Hope you have a good day!
Post a Comment