Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

I think it was Fall Semester of 06 when Zach and I first discussed the concept of never turning older than 23 until we either left Rexburg or got married. Well this is my first birthday out of Rexburg, so no more annual 23rd birthdays, I'm moving on. I'm actually excited, I've been putting off turning 24 for a couple of years now, I think good things will come from it.
On a more serious note, if I ever call any of you asking if "you know of anybody who could benefit from earning a degree or going to school online," don't panic. It's really just my excuse to try to maintain our friendship while I'm at work. However, if you really do know somebody, I won't reject your suggestion.
Oh, and one more note, of mid-seriousness. I started changing the strings on my guitar before I realized that I have never changed the strings on a guitar before. Help?

3 comments:

Vickie said...

i am not selfish! i started typing a post so that i could stay awake to send you a happy birthday text at midnight. then i got all caught up in finding pistures i forgot yo send it exactly at midnight, but i sent it anyway. did i not? you know i love you!

Myke said...

Replacing the strings: Change them one at a time. When you put a new one on, make sure you give it a bit of slack so you can wind it a few times around the peg that you wind it onto. A string-winder is very helpful (available at any music store) but becareful to not over-tighten and break the string.

Stretching the strings (this process isn't necessary but it keeps your guitar from going out of tune so much when you have new strings): When the new string is on the guitar, tune it. After it's in tune, stretch the string out while moving your hand over it up and down the fret board (this will take the string way out of tune). Bring the string back in tune. Keep stretching and retuning until the string doesn't go out of tune that much when you stretch it. Do this for every string you replace. When all the strings are replaced stretch them all until they all don't go out of tune when you stretch them.

If you have questions call me.

Jenna said...

Hope you had a good one, even though Brett let you down. Love you!