Saturday, May 22, 2010

San Portella On My Mind

I've never felt so alone in my life . . .



HAHAHA! Ok, That was my attempt at being emo. The alone thing may or may not be true, mostly because I can't think of a time in my life where no one else has been around. Yes, I am now living alone in a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment. Yes, I may spend a lot more time walking around between the kitchen and living room wearing nothing but a towel draped over my shoulder because I just got out of or am planning on getting in the shower within the next hour or two. Yes sometimes I feel like Will Smith in the mid 2000's low budget cult classic "I Am Legend." Except I don't have to worry about my dog getting infected by zombies because I don't have a dog, darn allergies.
The point is, that it's quiet when I get home from work and it's quiet when I go to bed. I'm not used to that. No bedroom or bathroom lights on, no talking, no interruptions, no having to worry about the front door suddenly swinging open when I least expect it . . . this may be the most unfortunate time in my life to not have a girlfriend, haha, oh well.
But I've learned to adjust. I come home, I turn on music, I take off my work clothes. I go to the fridge to grab some food. I eat my food while watching nothing I care about on TV for about 20 minutes. I go to my room and put on some non-work clothes, and I go to hang out somewhere else with somebody else.
Only once so far have I had anyone else come over. It was actually about 20 anybody else's for a BBQ (Bring Back Quinn, anyone? anyone?) Thursday night. It's funny because the 20 people that came over hail from about 10 different social circles, and you could tell that a lot of them didn't really know how to interact with everyone else. It was pretty funny for me to watch because I never felt awkward or uncomfortable, since it was at my house and I knew everybody. I guess I should've taken over and had everybody introduce themselves and tell some silly fact about their childhood and what object that starts with the first letter of their first name they would take on a road trip, my bad.
I was too busy being really proud of my amazing steak fillets that two people got to enjoy. The two hamburgers must've been pretty good too because they went fast. This is why more people should rsvp, I had no idea who was actually going to show up, everyone else got to feast on hot dogs, watermelon, and cookies. Note to self, always have more steak available, always.
Anyway, all this quiet time has given me the opportunity to make a birthday wish list. December is rapidly approaching.
Wish List:
1- It's about time I got a speedo
2- One of those fancy phones that is an ipod too, actually I'm getting one next month when the newest version comes out
3- Haven't gotten that far yet, feel free to give me ideas


Less than one month to go, I'm really going to miss this place.

3 comments:

Vickie said...

what do you mean "less than a month to go"? are you moving?

Tyson said...

Quinnerd,
I am happy to see that you are bringing a piece of "Butts Bluff" back into your life. The only thing missing is...well several other naked men. Good luck explaining that one to the rest of your followers.

Ashley Jane said...

yeah buddy, where are you going in a month? and do you really live at that place? I don't believe it.